Mrs. Davenport's Class
This week we are learning:
- Read and Construct Contractions
- Review – vCe, open and closed syllable words, Soft C and G,
- English words do not end in V (have, give, solve), and -ng and -nk endings.
- Historical Fiction- “Hour of the Olympics”
- Nonfiction- Expository Text
- Increasing Fluency
- Increasing Comprehension Skills
- Using Quotation Marks- Dialogue
- Writing a Narrative
- Gathering Research
- Constructing a Paragraph
- Place Value
- Base Ten Understanding
- Ancient Greek Civilization-
The Fist Olympics
English allows us to take two words and create a shorter form called a contraction
Please have your child read and practice spelling the following words and phrases.
We will have a spelling assessment over words like these on Friday.
I'm sending home a word sort game. Their assessment will follow the same format.
it is- it’s cannot- can’t
I will- I’ll do not- don’t
I am- I’m should not- shouldn’t
that is- that’s could not- couldn’t
I have- I’ve she is- she’s
there is- there’s I would- I’d
he is- he’s let us- let’s
what is- what’s would not- would not
Sight Words- who all
What’s your name? Jane said, “I’m not going.”
There’s the pancake. He’s not there.
I’d like to go with you. Who couldn’t do that?
Let’s eat! It’s all in the tree.
October 14th Parent Teacher Conferences
October 22nd Fall Break- No School!!!
October 28th Field Trip to Dixie Maze Farms
October 29th Grandparent’s Day